The oversized coat & short girl problems

11 comments


1. Missguided Camel Coat £59.99 / 2. Missguided Cocoon Cream Coat £39.99 / 3. Warehouse Textured Khaki Coat £110.00 / 4. New Look Black Textured Coat £49.99


So I have been trying to find my oversized coat for this winter and it has been such a mission! Seems to me that the majority don't size up well on shorter girls. Yes, they are supposed to be 'oversized' but i'm 5ft and the coats I have been trying on have been coming up to my ankle (not in the lovely duster coat kind of way), falling off my shoulders or just looking like a portable tent. Tailoring is just a bit of an expensive option when you consider a coat generally sets you back £50-£100.

The oversized, cocoon, boyfriend and whatever-else-you-call-it coat is a style that will last more than just this winter. They look especially great worn open and despite being a little plain, from heels to converses it caters to so many different styles.

A few weeks back, I saw some on online that screamed MINE and when my order came, they looked absoloutely hilarious! I almost kept one but thank god I didn't because when I looked in the mirror I had to laugh at myself. At the same time I was a little sad, it's not fair! :( So, I guess this post also acts as a little shout out to the petite girls reading this who may know of some places to get my hands on one! :P

Are you a fan of this style? Let me know your thoughts.

xo

11 comments:

  1. I'm not petite but you could try Asos' petite line. Those Missguided coats are a dream tho. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I've had a look on there but they dont do many coats in that style x

      Delete
  2. I can imagine the oversize coats being such a pain if you're petite :( really wish I could help you out! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog earlier I'm so happy to have found yours now xx

    A Fashion Tale // UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coats! Maybe I can help you out, I was at macy's last weekend and some coats that were considered as oversized, were too short for me (I'm 5'9) Maybe they will suit you better? Plus they give you a lot of discount! Hope this will help you out. I like your blog! Even though this is only your first post, it looks super professional. I can learn a lot from you and your design skills haha.

    Good luck to you xx
    xwineandlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou that made me smile :) Its actually my 2nd post haha, I can't figure out how to get an 'older post' button..woops! I do have an archive section right at the button though.. and that sounds amazing except I'm pretty sure Macys is an American store? I live in the UK hun :( Will check your blog out now x

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, I'm sorry about that, didn't know you're living in the UK! I could help you if you want, just email me! wineandlipstick@hotmail.com

    I followed you on bloglovin btw, can't wait to read more of your posts! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this trend for the Winter, I am trying to find a coat because I have been wearing my North Face for the past four years! Thanks for commenting on my blog ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate! I'm 5'2" on a good day lol.... I haven't found much luck either :(

    Juliette
    STYLE UNTAMED

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in so in love with the duster coat trend! Just purchased two duster coats (and i am now considerably broke). Great post btw!


    www.justanotherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the opposite problem as everything from Missguided is way too short for me haha x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.